As newcomers, most of us struggle to integrate into our new communities. However, our personal and professional journeys can become easier with some support and mentorship. And that’s what we offer you to reach your goals.
Our settlement services are run mainly by volunteers from the Welcome Centre Immigrant Services – Richmond Hill. Our volunteers from diverse backgrounds have similar experiences to yours and can empower you with their insights.
SERVICES WE OFFER:
- English and French Conversation Circles.
- Study and Networking groups for internationally trained professionals, including those in regulated professions, i.e., medical graduates, dentists, nurses, pharmacists, and engineers.
- Professional Networking Café to help immigrants in their job search.
- Professional designation and certifications study group.
- Social events and cultural events.
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) – year-round income tax clinic.
- Volunteer Management, student placements, and newcomer volunteer orientations.
Besides the core services offered at the Welcome Centre, our events bring alive the vibrant components of our Canadian culture. Join the events and connect with our volunteers during various programs, whether you are looking for a light-hearted chat or a deep conversation.
If you are excited about how we run our volunteer-based service, how about joining us as volunteers? As part of our Volunteer Management Program, we always welcome volunteers willing to share their time, experience, and expertise with newcomers.