Program Assistant – Counselling Services (Part-time)
Catholic Community Services of York Region (CCSYR) is a non-profit social service agency providing programs and services to culturally diverse clients and their families in York Region. CCSYR is seeking a reliable, co-operative client-focused as well as motivated Program Assistant who shows initiative to provide support to Counselling Services. This role is onsite with direct client contact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to public and clients seeking counselling services at the front desk.
- Manages and maintains up-to-date and accurate paper filing and database software.
- Provides back up to intake program as needed;
- Manages and coordinates volunteers for the OLG Bingo program and provides coverage as needed;
- Coordinates office-based volunteers and students, as needed;
- Coordinate, attends and takes minutes in meetings;
- Provides general office administration including maintenance, coordination and purchasing of office supplies; coordination of deliveries and provide mail distribution.
- Works closely with Admin/HR to monitor the operation of technologies and reports incidents and errors to IT Specialist, as needed.
- Follows health and safety practices throughout the organization, following the organization’s Services Health and Safety procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Settlement and Counselling Services/Delegate.
- Community College diploma in social service work or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of service in social service agency or similar setting, including direct experience in customer services is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of common mental health issues is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to become familiar with organization-specific programs and software.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and workload within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and in-person interviewing and assessment skills.
- Ability to work with people from diverse background and in stressful situation.
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records check.
- A valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and relevant insurance.
Location: York Region
Compensation: $20.46 hourly
Hours: Part-time 30 hours per week.
How to apply: Interested individuals are requested to submit their resume, cover letter by Jan 20, 2023 to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: Your name – Program Assistant-Counselling Services
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment process, applicants must confirm that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request to individuals with disabilities who are invited for interview and assessment. Catholic Community Services of York Region provides training to all employees, volunteers, agents and/or contractors who deal with the public or other third parties that act.