CCSYR: At CCSYR, we reach out to support, counsel and guide individuals and families from diverse cultural groups. We recognize the dignity and worth of each individual, regardless of faith, background or ethnicity and provide a variety of programs and services that enable all citizens, newcomers, and refugees to participate fully in the social, economic, political, and cultural life within their communities.
Our team is passionate to make a meaningful impact through helping those who are in need and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
Position Overview: The Marketing and Communication Manager is a critical position at CCSYR. Leading the marketing and communications team, you will be responsible for developing and iterating the CCSYR brand and supporting the implementation of CCSYR’s strategic plan and priorities through the development, execution and measurement of a robust and creative marketing and communications plan. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will manage a team of marketing coordinators. You will have a passion for impact, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence and be comfortable with ambiguity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development, iteration, and oversight of CCSYR’s visual identity and brand.
- Maintain and enhance CCSYR’s presence on social media, including designing, streamlining, and implementing strategy and campaigns, in line with CCSYR’s brand persona and values, and ensure CCSYR’s social media presence is relevant, cohesive, engaging, and visually stunning.
- Develop and manage marketing analytics and reporting.
- Contribute to advocacy efforts and raise awareness of CCSYR and its mission.
- Lead and be the focal person for all media relations efforts.
- Oversee marketing and media coverage of all special events.
- Develop social media campaigns and define KPIs and KRAs for social media campaigns.
- Oversee and approve social media content prior to posting across all (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok)
- Supervise the design team to direct and manage timely development of fun and engaging graphical/video content.
- Develop and own the communication strategy and plan for the organisation and its specific programs/projects (approach, audiences, methods, key messaging, roles, etc.)
- Oversee and manage the development of collateral including brochures, annual reports, infographics, and corporate communications materials.
- Work with Community Engagement Managers, Team Leads and Coordinators to capture and represent CCSYR successes and develop visually engaging and information communications material in accessible formats for multiple audiences.
- Represent CCSYR at various media events, workshops, and fairs.
- Ensure consistency and quality in ONCAT’s products and communication materials.
- Work with the team to ensure CCSYR website is updated, and content refreshed on a regular basis.
What you need to succeed:
- Undergraduate degree or advanced diploma, preferably in Marketing or Communications (Or equivalent).
- 3-5 years of work experience in a marketing, communications, or PR role, preferably in a social service setting, settlement and/or community work sectors.
- Effective, concise, and structured written communication with impeccable English writing skills.
- A solid understanding of and experience with social media platforms and brand management (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and TikTok).
- A great aesthetic sense and a creative side on social media.
- Experience supervising marketing and graphic projects and using social media tools to engage with stakeholders.
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting immigrant and refugee communities.
- Understanding of Anti-Oppression and Anti-Racism Frameworks is considered an Asset.
- Aptitude for working effectively and sensitively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Comfort with technology and communication platforms.
- Understanding and strict adherence to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to multitask.
- A valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and relevant insurance is considered an asset.
- Successful candidates will be asked to provide a successful Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records check.
Job Location: The CCSYR head office at 21 Dunlop Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4C 2M6, with travel to other locations throughout the York Region.
Accessibility, Accommodation and EEO statement: CCSYR is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members, candidates and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and thrive to provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please let us know.
CCSYR is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and welcoming workplace for all employees. We value the unique perspectives and experiences that individuals from all backgrounds bring to our organization, and we recognize that diversity in our workforce is essential for our continued success and are committed to ensuring that every employee feels respected, supported, and valued.
We welcome applicants of all races, ethnicities, gender assignment, gender identity or gender expression (including non-binary), sexual orientations, ages, religions, disabilities, and any other basis protected by all applicable laws.
To apply: Please send your resume and an optional cover letter/ work sample/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Your name – Marketing & Communications Manager’ as the subject line.